My Ultimate Goal. Tell me what you think.

A place to request possible features that you would like to see in Open RPG Maker.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for Feature Requests only. Any general discussion topics, help requests, bugs, or technical questions/comments submitted to this forum is not allowed. Anyone caught posting spam will immediately have their account permanently banned. If you feel someone hacked your account and posted spam notify me the administrator and I'll re-enable you're account, but any future spam posts will result in you being permanently blocked with no exceptions.

Re: My Ultimate Goal. Tell me what you think.

Postby warpyoshi » Fri May 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Tuxinator wrote:I had actually come to the conclusion to leave it completely free, and simply request that if you like the program and wish to support it's continued development and feature improvements than feel free to donate. Plus not all donations have to be in the form of money, another very powerful donation is art assets (graphics, music, sound effects, etc).

One of the things I later realized about having this free and open source is that, once finished, it will be able to compete with the commercial software out there on an entirely different level than just features alone.

WOW Thx Tuxinator
While i wasn't a fan of the idea, I understood why you had chosen it

I cannot emphasise how generous this is :)

Keep up the good work!
warpyoshi

Postby funnyguy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:42 am

Some people underaged, like me, don't have a credit card. You can buy enough steam gift cards to have $99.99 + tax to put a game on steam greenlight. That doesn't require a credit card.
funnyguy

Postby rustyhammer » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:53 pm

you could essentially do this by having a secondary application for game distribution packaging, leaving the engine free but offering a secondary program to package them for specific platforms, this would maintain an open source license on ORM while allowing for a commercial licenses for the additional export functionality.
rustyhammer

Previous

Return to Feature Requests