Stock Music for OpenSource RPG Maker

An area to just talk about Open RPG Maker and RPG making in general.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for General Discussion only. Any help requests, feature requests, bugs, or technical questions/comments submitted to this forum is not allowed. Anyone caught posting spam will immediately have their account permanently banned. If you feel someone hacked your account and posted spam notify me the administrator and I'll re-enable you're account, but any future spam posts will result in you being permanently blocked with no exceptions.

Stock Music for OpenSource RPG Maker

Postby rex » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:21 am

Hey all,

So I'm an old JRPG enthusiast who ran into this project a few weeks back. I talked with the dev a little bit, and long story short I am currently creating stock music for this project. I've only completed a few tracks as of yet, but I thought I would share what I've been working on sooner or later, so I decided to do so.

You can find all of the tracks as they are updated under this playlist:

https://soundcloud.com/axfinger/sets/opensource-rpg

This will be updated as I do more work. I am doing this in alone in my spare time, so I am not promising any sort of release schedule or anything like that. I will from time to time post updates as things progress. I also will probably post my tentative tracklist that I am going to be working on.

Rex
rex

Re: Stock Music for OpenSource RPG Maker

Postby rex » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Track 3 has been updated and is nearing completion. Here is a look at my current projected tracklist:

Track/Style
1 Field
2 House
3 Castle
4 Town
5 Shop
6 Battle
7 Inn
8 Cave
9 Dungeon
10 Boss
11 Victory
12 March
13 Arena
14 Boat
15 Peace
16 Sorrow
17 Danger
18 Sadness
19 Tender
20 Opening
21 Ending
22 Gameover
23 Mystery
24 Plot
25 Evil
26 Happy
27 Confusion
28 Exotic
29 Icy
30 Memories
31 Airship

This is subject to change and there may be doubling or tripling of tracks in the future to give variety.
rex

Postby GrueMaster » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Awesome, thanks Rex.
GrueMaster

Postby rex » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 am

Hey all,

Just an update to say I'm nearly done with the 5th track. Don't hesitate to leave feedback if you have any. Not promising it will sway me into anything, but I will certainly read and take into account any constructive comments.

Rex
rex

Postby DiggingStraightDown » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:20 am

Hi. I see this list of songs you are working on, and it looks quite interesting. I see potential for a theme for each major world biome as well, but I do have some questions out of natural curiosity. Not sure which of those tracks would, for instance, go well with the withering heat of a desert, or the intense rain or humidity of a tropical jungle or rainforest, or the electronic/technical beat found in a few largish rpg cities.

Also, if I were looking for rpg music (which I might be), I'd say each of these bulleted "themes" should probably have at least two variants, maybe even three; a variation could be given aural presence by factors like increased tempo from a previous variant, or by increased volume from one or more instruments, or by "more intense" instrumentation. I think it's good to add variety to each theme, because as a party continues on their journey, the musical background in certain locations can get either more intense or less intense, depending upon many factors. (Don't get me wrong, finish each primary theme as you go along; but then come back and make one or more "tweaked" versions of the theme.)

Finally. Will your license allow me to also use the finished tracks in my own rpg-maker-like engine/project too?
DiggingStraightDown

Postby rex » Sat May 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Hello,

To answer your first question, the tracklist is not set in stone and is very subject to change. I really created it to try and organize/motivate myself on this project. I find as I am writing these tracks that though I may try to compose for a particular mood or environment, sometimes I end up writing something I didn't set out to write. So its a little more organic that just saying "I'm writing a castle theme now" and then doing that. There will be a castle theme but I don't know when and how it will turn out yet.

As for variation, I definitely want to do some of that if I get the time and energy to. I need to finish a lot more tracks first I think though.

Licensing-wise I will likely be putting everything under a creative commons license, although that is still TBA.

Two new tracks are being worked on with WIP's uploaded as of today.

Ax
rex

Return to Courtyard